19 Sept 2018

The Good, The Bad, And The Anxiety

I forgot it was Wednesday. I am winning at this blog game, but to be honest it's surprising I kept to a schedule this long.


The Bad

I was going to do a tag this week or a book review. I have finished a lot of books and have some rants about pretty much all of them. Caraval, Legendary, and Olivia Twist are some of them. I have mixed feelings on them. The problem is me, of course. I just can't seem to get anything done. The days have been flying by since I've been home.

I can't keep up with anything, but I've been visiting people and just enjoying being around my family again. Which makes up for everything else. My brother's visiting and my two nieces are the most adorable things I have ever seen. I don't have pictures at this time, which is a tragedy in itself.

I've been taking a break from life, and I don't really like it. I just want to get stuff done and ignore everything else. This is usually my most productive time of the year. I was hoping the cold air would fix everything. Granted that was pretty presumptuous. Hopefully these feeling will blow over soon.

Art and Writing have come to a standstill. I sulk around my bedroom, trying to get something accomplished.





The Good

Basically I've been losing myself in the Lockwood & Co world, it's delightfully creepy and British there, leave me! It has gotten me out of my reading slump.It also has so much tea in it, oodles.



My other recent obsession is Peter Kavisnky *cough* I mean  To All The Boys I Loved Before. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it.




A few of my siblings and my Dad went shooting one day. It just happened to be raining and I had a blast.




My Halo loving heart was happy.

I have gotten some awesome gifts lately.
The Rooglewood Press Team sent me a mug, with a little note! It was such a thoughtful gift.



Elizabeth got me one of the best birthday gifts. She knows me so well.

I love it!!!

There is more good than bad lately. I've been drinking lots of Pumpkin Spice Lattes and slowly becoming a vampire.


The Anxiety

My Anxiety has been really bad lately. My mom wants me to get diagnosed and maybe get some medication to help with it. I'm considering it, but it's funny I'm having anxiety about getting diagnosed with anxiety.



I'm ready to get help with this, it sucks fighting through stuff like this alone. So hopefully that goes well.

Sorry for yet another chaotic and rambling post.
 I will try to do better.... but I wouldn't bet on that.

22 comments:

  1. First of all, I’m sorry you’ve been in a slump. Just know that no one is sitting around judging, thinking why in the heck hasn’t Skye posted yet?? Just do you.
    Secondly, all the good sounds so fabulous. I’m currently reading Howl, so I actually understood that reference. And yay for a shooting day!
    Being diagnosed does sound terrifying, but hey, it might help, and if medication and stuff doesn’t do any good, at least you would know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie! That's reassuring, I'm the one who gets frustrated. I want to stick to schedule, but sometimes it's hard.
      :D My favorite, are you enjoying it! Everyone needs a shooting day. That's what I've been reminding myself. It could help.

      Delete
    2. Schedules are very hard.
      So far! I’m not very far in yet. But it’s got such a fun quirky style.

      Delete
    3. They are!
      I'm glad your enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. I totally understand about the lack of creativity in writing. That’s what I’ve been going through all year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon, and I hope you don't worry too much about finding out if you have anxiety so you can better understand how to feel better. You're not alone, praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gray! Worry seems to be the only thing I do, but I'll try!
      That means a lot! <3

      Delete
  4. Hugs, girl. I really hope that you're able to find answers. Please don't try to fight it alone. Let me know if you ever need anything!

    Those gifts look absolutely awesome!!! That mug especially. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Me too! I won't, thanks for that. Same to you!

      :D The mug was such a surprise!

      Delete
  5. *HUUUUGS* I am so sorry you're dealing with this writing slump and anxiety. I keep having to fight off writing ruts too. It's such a terrible feeling when you can't do the very thing you love. But I know this time will pass. Be kind and patient with yourself and allow yourself to do things that relaxes you. Your creativity WILL return, I promise. And if you ever need anyone to rant to or anything, I'm always here to listen. <3

    I'm glad you have had some good things too though. That's so fun you went shooting. I occasionally go shooting with my dad too. It's such a fun thing! Lol.
    OH. And literally just last week I spotted the first Lockwood and Co. book in a secondhand bookstore and snatched it up because I remember you had mentioned it and really liked it. So now I'm excited to read it! :D It sounds fantastic!

    That's so sweet the Rooglewood team sent you a mug. AND DAT HOWL SHIRT. It is perfect!!!

    I do hope things get better! Praying for you, girl! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *HUGS* Thanks Christine! I've been trying to take a break, I know it's part of the process. I do miss it though.
      That's reassuring! Thank you! <3

      Yes, been trying to focus on the good stuff. It is fun! :D
      Really, that's awesome! I hope you like it, it's perfect for this time of year.

      I was so surprised, it's a lovely reminder! I thought you would like that! XD

      I'm sure they will, Thank you, I always appreciate prayers! <333

      Delete
  6. *recent obsession is also Peter Kavinsky*

    I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety, I just got diagnosed with the same thing. I started having chest problems on Friday and yesterday, I was also having trouble breathing, so we went to urgent care. All the big changes in my life recently were stressing my body out. So I'm on anxiety meds now. It really does help, so I really would encourage you to get medication.

    Just know you're not alone, we are here for you :)

    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we share that obsession. XD

      Thanks, I'm sorry that you've had to deal with it too. Stress really does bring it out. I heard they help, I think I'm finally ready to try them.

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  7. Praying for you, Skye!! I know what you mean... We're here for you, though! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Prayer has gotten me through so much. I appreciate that!
      <33

      Delete
  8. Yesss To All The Boys I Loved Before is fantastic!! I really want to read the book now. xD

    I'm sorry you've been going through slumps. *all the hugs and prayers* You can message/email me anytime if you ever need to chat or rant. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, me too! XD

      I think I'm getting through them. *hugs* Thank you, I'll remember that.

      Delete
  9. Shooting in the rain sound fun! :) Also that mug is sooo cool!

    Praying for you. <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I got soaked! I love it so much.

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  10. Aw, I'm sorry that you're dealing with anxiety + a bunch of other stuff on top of that. I have anxiety and it isn't fun. :( Praying for you, Skye! (your name is beautiful, by the way. I love it.)
    And that mug is lovely! o.O I should look into getting some bookerly things xD
    Lilian - greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks, but today's been pretty good. Agreed! Thank you so much! :D
      I've been using it a lot, you should!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete