October is nearly gone.
Wrote down as many descriptions of it as I could to use for after it's gone. Filmed the rain. There were so many gorgeously bleary days. I always love when the air has just a hint of ice and everything is damp but comfortable. Everything takes on a smudgy look. Those are my favorite.
Screamed my way through a corn maze. That was quite literally in the middle of nowhere. We almost didn't find it. It was dark, and the corn sounded like it was whispering every time the wind hit it. Had us seeing people where there were none so when people actually did jump out at you it was twice as scary.
![]() |
| Can't believe this is the last season. *cries* |
//Rockland-gracie abrams/Devil Town V2-Cavetown/ Candle-Cavetown/ Spooky Scary Skeletons- Kade Mcuen/Love Runs out- Sasha Alex Solan/ Now That We're Alone- The People's Theives/ Bad Luck- Noah Kahan/ Chelsea Cutler- the stars/ Hear you Me- Jimmy Eats World/ Shivers-Ed Sheeran//
A simple alchemy. The type people overlook. Crayons and cheap water paint. The trappings of it made it insignificant. Child’s play. It amazes me how quickly its effect is lost. Most people look at paintings and see nothing more than a poor imitation of life. Or seem to think a picture would garner the same result.
-
“Is something there?” A voice sounds from behind me.
I startle, feeling a cold shock. I glance back, and catch a glimpse of a sharp jaw and a shock of nearly white hair.
“What?”
“In the trees.” He responds, his tone measured and calm unlike mine.
“Nothing, I thought I heard something…” I shuffle my notes together.
He steps past the bench. He’s lanky but wearing a sweater that’s a few sizes too big. It distorts his silhouette. He’s holding an iced coffee I recognize the logo it’s from my favorite café.
There’s something awkward about his stance.
-
A smile
that resembles a bruise. Something with impact.
-
Really going to try to get a majority of this story finished in November. I'm not doing Nano per se, but I'm going to try to hit a goal each day. Been having a blast with it, so lets hope that doesn't change.
I read a bunch of great books. Wicked Fox and Vicious Spirits by Kat Cho are both fantastic and full of Korean folklore.
I devoured Between Jobs by W. R Gingwell I love the slightly insane premise and fantastic writing. A human girl becoming the pet of two fae and one vampire. Hilarity ensues. I also highkey ship her with JinYeong. The part where she woke up snuggling him like a glorfied teddy bear. *reader I died*
I need the rest of the seiries, there's like nine of them and I'm so excited to read them. I may have found my new favorite author.
I also got my Halloween costume early this year, so you guys actually get to see it.
That means I'll be curled up Nov 1st mourning the end of fall looking like this. With drippy mascara tears. If that image doesn't make you laugh I don't know what will.
In the meantime I'll be blasting What does the Fox say and attempting to enjoy the remainder of my favorite month.











I understand the sadness to the end of October. I'm pretty bummed it went by so fast. October is my favorite month. Those snippets are amazing! and your costume looks great!
ReplyDeleteI hope your November brings more peace and happiness to you <3 <3
It's such a specific feeling. It does fly by, same here. Thank you so much! It's the comfiest costume I've ever had.
DeleteThanks so much, I hope you have a good one too. <3
It sounds like you have had quite the Autumnal activity packed October!
ReplyDeleteOctober did go fast, down here we've only just started actually fall weather, our true winter doesn't hit until Jan and Feb, but with all the marketing rushing Christmas and downplaying our Thanksgiving, it screws with the proper sense of the seasons I feel.
I guess it gets to winter faster where you are?
I did! I think I got to do almost everything I wanted to, which was really nice.
DeleteRight, Oh nice it's just starting for you. Ugh, that would kinda wreck it for me. I hate when the seasons mush together.
Oh yeah, I'm in a colder part of Canada and it's actually shocking that it hasn't snowed yet.
I am also sad that October is ending, autumn is my favorite season. Also I love your drawing of Hermione.
ReplyDelete-Quinley
It's such a blink and you'll miss it season.
DeleteThank you so much! She's fun to draw.
I'm so glad you had a good October, even though, yes, it's sad it's ending! It looks like you did a lot of fun stuff--especially the stargazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd your costume is so cute!
Thank you, it's always bittersweet, but there was more good then bad. Love stargazing.
DeleteAwe Thanks!
You always make things so aesthetic. I just love it! <3
ReplyDeleteI'm also very sad to say farewell to October. I seriously cannot believe this is the last day. It went by SCARILY fast. But it was a good month! I'm glad you found some delicious fall-ish things to do and consume! And oooh, I am totally soaking up those snippets. That's wonderful you're enjoying this story so very much! I do hope the rest of the writing goes wonderfully! <3
And okay but your costume? PERFECTION. That is one of the best things I've ever seen. XD I hope this last hurrah of October is an amazing one!
You just made my day, glad you think so!! <33
DeleteIt's the hardest month to say goodbye to. I agree it went by far too quickly. I'm glad you had a good one too.
As many as I could. I had fun writing those ones. Yeah, it's strange usually writing is like pulling teeth.
Thanks, hope yours goes great too! <3
*flails* Ahhh, thanks so much! I was hoping someone would appreciate it.
It was! :D
For the majority of October we actually had summer weather, still salty about that, but the days have finally been cooling off and currently the trees still have most of their leaves so I'm hoping fall will last a little longer so that I can actually enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteI love those snippets, can't wait to read the finished product. Good luck on your writing this November!
Oh that's awful. October should be chilly. At least you still get to have it for a bit longer.
DeleteThank you! I think you'll like it. Thanks! You too!!
I'm sad that October's over too, although I get kind of melancholy at the end of every month, and I'm not sure why. Love how atmospheric this post is. Your art and writing are amazing, as always. I love your costume! Er, who are you dressed up as, if you don't mind me asking?
ReplyDeleteSame here, oh I get that. It will probably happen at the end of November too. Glad you found it atmospheric.
DeleteI appreciate that so much! Thank you!!
It's just supposed to be a fox, we all wore animal onesies. XD
Oh man, I miss this blog so much. It's been a while.
ReplyDeleteCool snippets! I like how describe things. It's unique!
I love your costume!
Ohhh, I really want to read the Between series, I think they are called. They sound so hilarious and fascinating.
Glad to be missed. It has.
DeleteThank you, I'm glad you like them.
:D It's so soft.
You should, they are fantastic!!
So glad that your October was good!! Sad girl Autumn and slightly 80's fantasy movie has been my vibe for fall this year.
ReplyDeleteMidna really does look like Ruth I'll never be over that.
Ryan and Shane being cats was the greatest thing I saw all October XD
Your costume is so cute! Something about the image is deeply sarcastic to me for some reason and I love it.
Yeah it was really nice. That's an excellent combination.
DeleteRight, she's so cute.
I completely agree.
Thanks, it was intentional. XD
I can't believe October is over -- and November is half-gone too! Why does Fall always seem so much shorter than every other season?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your October had so many autumnal beauties. Mine was pretty busy, but it's starting to settle down, so I'll try to enjoy these last bits of Fall.
Always love your snippets, especially the first one about art and alchemy. Good luck with all your writing!
Alexa
alexa-thusfar.blogspot.com
Same, it's been such a quick year. I don't know, but it makes me so sad.
DeleteThanks, hope you were able to enjoy some of it.
Ahh thank you so much! I appreciate it, you too!
I know I'm late, but I can't believe October is gone and November is almost gone too. The past two months feel like they've flown by. I loved your writing snippets, they seem so magical. I hope your writing has gone well this month! :)
ReplyDeletewww.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com
I'm super behind on blogs myself so I completely get it. They really have. Thank you!
DeleteYou too! :D
I can't wait to listen to every song you listed. I'm desperate for new music as I listen to the same three songs on repeat hehe. I loved reading this post!
ReplyDeleteI hope you like them! Thanks!!
Delete