5 Sept 2018

Cold Tea, Rambles, and Title Pages

I have a bit of a cold, I've spent most of today wrapped in a blanket. Making tea, that I keep neglecting until it's too cold to drink.  Reading book three in the Lockwood & Co series, The Hollow Boy. Which is a perfect read for this time of year. It's delightfully spooky. I am way too invested in this rag tag group of fifteen year old ghost hunters.

I've been reading oodles of books, but I have yet to review any. I'm sure I'll get to it.

I'm going home for a long visit in a few days. I am unfortunately returning without a license, which wasn't the plan. *plays Hard Times*
Tests rattle me. I just can't do them. Everything I learn goes out the window. It's things like this that remind me how crippling my anxiety really is. I took it a bit better this time, I'll have to keep up with my practice when I'm home and have another go.

For now I intend to enjoy my favorite season. I want to go to corn mazes, do photo shoots, and enjoy the general atmosphere. I don't know why I enjoy this time of year so much. My Dad said, it's because everything is dying and since I'm dead inside I feel a sense of unity. He's probably right.




Anyway, on a brighter note. We got out title pages today!!!


Created by the mesmerizing Hannah William's herself! It suits my story so well! The snow falling from the title is such a nice touch, and I love that all my boys made the cover. Oh and the tightrope is fantastic, just all of it really!

I'd thought  I would share all the covers here, because they are all stunning.






Aren't they lovely! I can't believe we will get a physical copy in December. I might be biased but Maddie's is my favorite. I'm a sucker for gothic things.


I'd apologize for this slapdash post, but you're all probably used to it at this point.



29 comments:

  1. Wow, those covers are awesome! Just stunning!

    I hope your cold clears up soon. Don't stress over your license. God's got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! She did such a good job.

      Me too! Thanks, your right he has.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get over your cold!
    I love this time of year. I’m so excited for leaves and cool air.
    Yay for all the cover pages! They’re all so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have a cold! D: Get better soooon! *sends blankets and good books* Also I'm with you, this time of year is the BEST. Well, in my neck of the woods it's still quite hot, but I can sense fall coming and I'm SO EXCITED.

    Also alsooo...YOUR COVER. *shrieks for a thousand years* IT IS PERFECT. The tightrope is definitely fantastic. EEP. I can't stop staring at it. And all the others toooo. *all the heart eyes* Oh my goodness, this makes me even more excited for the anthology!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The perfect cure. It's already freezing where I am.

      I know! *flailing* I can't stop looking at it either! I can't wait! to see the physical copy!
      :D

      Delete
  4. I have a driving test in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty freaked out about it, but I wanted to tell you that I know you can do it and it'll happen in the right timing, even if you feel like now is the right time. <3

    THAT TITLE PAGE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

    I'm so happy for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I hope you feel better soon!!!

      Delete
    2. Best of luck! I'm sure you'll pass. Thanks! I am going to try again, just not yet. <3

      THANKS!!!

      <3

      Delete
  5. Those covers are amazing!! I also don't have my license either, tests also stress me out/I need more maneuverability practice. You can do it, I believe in you! Hope your cold gets better soon!

    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did such a good job! That's comforting, I guess I do to. :D
      Thanks Lilah!

      Delete
  6. I hope you get over your cold soon. <3

    On the other hand, THOSE TITLE PAGES. THE ART WORK. IT'S SO AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting better!

      Aren't they, I love them all so much!

      Delete
  7. I love the cover pages!! Get well soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It's a favorite word of mine, feel free to steal it. :D

      Delete
  9. GORGEOUS COVER ALERT. GORGEOUS COVER ALERT.

    *GINORMOUS HEART EYES*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giles! I love Giles.

    And yes, the cover pages are so cool! I especially like yours and the one for "Snowbird."

    Sorry you've had some issues with school and stuff. Tests = blech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the best.

      They are! Her's is really pretty.

      Thanks, agreed tests are decidedly gross.

      Delete
  11. That cover is fantastic. I love it so much, as well as the others. I can't wait to read this anthropology and be holding it in my hands. I want to frame it, which is impractical. You can't read a framed book. I'm rambling. AAAAAAAHHHH! I'm excited!

    I hope you're over your cold. (I was getting one last week too. I think I'm over it though.) I'm sorry about the license thing. Don't bother with feeling bad. Just keep at it. ;) Books are amazing! I haven't been reading as much as I want because I'm overwhelmed with the general adoration for books? Is that weird? It's weird. Ok. I can't explain. But there it is. Also, I'm not sure what to read. There are too many options. And I want to read everything at once, but I only have one brain to comprehend one book at a time?

    Autumn is the best season. What your Dad said. XD Is that why then? It's my favorite too, so I guess that explains a lot. Unnecessary, fun note: the beginning of all my stories take place in the autumn. . . I don't ever plan this? It just kinda happens? Anyhow, have fun reading and have a great time with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you like it. Hannah did such a good job! Me either, it's going to be so surreal! Aww, XD it is. I love the rambles! Me too!

      I think I'm almost better. Thanks, it sucks but I'm not going to quit. :) They are. I get that, I spend more time looking for books then reading them. It's not weird, or if it is. Then I'm weird too. I know, there are so many. So I always just pick one I already read, but I recommend Lockwood & CO it's brilliant. It's a problem.

      It is! Must be XD
      That's neat actually, it's an interesting time. Perfect for stories. Thanks! :D

      Delete
  12. I hope you're feeling better!

    I LOVE AUTUMN AS WELL! And I can't wait to see more of your photoshoots!
    Best of luck on the next driver's test; I still haven't managed to take mine, but hopefully, we'll both get ours soon. :)

    ALL THE COVERS ARE AMAZING!!! They fit together so well and are so intriguing. Gosh, I love them! *heart-eyes*


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thanks!

      It's the best! I need to get to that.
      Thanks! Hopefully :)

      THEY ARE, I LOVE THEM! <3

      Delete
  13. AAHHHH!!!!! They are all so great!!! Yours really intrigues me.... I cannot wait until December!!!

    Ugh, colds are the worst, get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I love how they all fit together. I'm glad!!!

      They are, thanks I think I'm better.

      Delete