29 Apr 2019

Language of Worlds: A Character Link up




Can't believe I almost missed doing this. Been needing some inspiration lately, so this seemed like a good idea. The amazing Liv created this tag, make sure to go check out her blog. 

I'm going to use Cynfael, because he continues to be the most infuriating. 

1. What's your favorite song?

"Jazz is quite good."

Well that's incredibly specific!

Since he doesn't have a particular song, I'll give you something more modern that has been inspiring the story.


2. What makes your soul thrive?

"Champagne and-

I'm sure they mean something a little deeper than that.

"I'm not sure why Champagne wouldn't qualify."

It doesn't.

*long suffering sigh*  "Getting the upper hand on your opponent. That's always a thrill."

Okay then...

3. Describe their typical outfit.

Extravagant. It's ridiculous!

"I tend to stick to formal wear. I buy my suits from the eastern fae weavers, they make the finest silk. I prefer it gold threaded."

I rest my case.

"Class doesn't seem to be for everyone."

*glares*




4. What do you look like? (Share a picture, if you want!)

Arrogant, it's your defining feature. 

"Is it, won't Father be proud." 

5. Who cares most about you?

"Ah, most likely myself. Caring is a disadvantage to fae. 

I second that. 



6. Have they been called names beyond their own? (i.e. nicknames, insults, etc.)

*smirks* "Plenty."

Would it kill you to elaborate a bit.

"I think 'Bastard' is the harshest one you'll let me use."

I don't feel bad at this point, you are.



7. What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality?

I haven't figured out his MBTI yet, and I want to say Slytherin. Because that is what he acts like, and what he projects but to be honest he might even be a Gryffindor 

"It seems I've fooled you too, if you think I'm more noble than I seem."

Hush



8. Is there a psalm they identify with? What is it?

Oh, um... Psalm 73:13

Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

"Not sure I see the connection."

Doesn't matter. 

9. How do they handle defeat?

"I deal with it accordingly, I'm sadly used to losing. I've been predisposed to it since birth." 

I'd say not as well as he wants too.

"I'd say we have that in common."

10. Without spoilers, how are they the hero of this story? (Even if they're the villain!)

"I'm curious to hear this answer too. Of course the answer varies depending on who you ask."

He is trying to end a blood soaked legacy despite the fact that he holds little sway over his own life. 

"I agree with the first part."


23 comments:

  1. I loved this XD He sounds like a very irritating person honestly? Although I do love him. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of his many charms. He's usually better, but I was in a mood. XD

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this so much! It was hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh he's such an arrogant bastard.

    I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds hilarious! I love your little conversations with him. The snark is strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can be fairly entertaining. Thanks! Snark and spite.

      Delete
  5. CYNFAAAEL. Every Cynfael post adds a year to my life, just so you know. *nods*

    In response to question #5, I CARE ABOUT YOU CYN!!! ALSO, I was literally thinking he ACTS Slytherin-ish, but, at his heart, is probably really a Gryffindor. And then that's what you SAID. :O So yeah. I'm thinking that's him. Sorry, Cynfael, but you can't hide your Gryffindor traits from us. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD If only it did the same for me. ;)

      Awww, I'm glad someone does. I love that you were thinking that, you know him so well. He can't, he tries so hard to. XD

      Delete
  6. Haha he sounds like a handful! Is he a POV character?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is! In Fool's Bet, yes. In Falling Snow he's more of a side character.

      Delete
  7. Ah, such a cool character!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. More Cynfael!!!

    Oh, I love the answer to the last question! And to the eighth! Shows some lovely insight into his nonchalant quips.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you want more of him, he's awful. XD

      Thank you! I was hoping it would.

      Delete
  9. I love Cynfael. XD He's great. This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete