![]() |
| Wish I knew whose this was to credit. Stole it from Pinterest. |
Life
It's been a interesting month, my mom took a mini vacation with all of my siblings except one. My Dad had to work. So it's been my sister, him, and I for this whole month.
It's been a interesting month, my mom took a mini vacation with all of my siblings except one. My Dad had to work. So it's been my sister, him, and I for this whole month.
It's weird being a family of three, but it's also been a lot of fun. It's been lots of junk food, fast food, and action movies. I'm definitely not complaining. Introducing my sister to my favorite action flicks has been a blast. Now she will get all my references.
This is one we've been quoting a lot.
![]() |
| We love the Russian ;) |
We saw Endgame! Don't worry no spoilers here. Not sure if I'll end up reviewing it or not. I loved it! I really like how they chose to wrap it all up. ( Funny story. Made my Dad stay for the end credit scene for the first time... There isn't one)
He was incredibly smug about it.
Writing
Writing hasn't been happening, I'm not blocked. Just being a crazy perfectionist who thinks everything she writes is awful. It's been fun. Got a couple of sentences here and there.
I did write a 500 word flash fiction piece for Melissa Gravitas contest.
I'm also thinking about writing something for the Story Embers contest, we'll see.
Also want to submit something for Havok's music themed months.
Here is a snippet of Fool's Be,t I found on my phone.
"There is something I'm worried about." He didn't make eye contact as he said it, which made his word all the more eerie.
"And what is that?' I asked, hoping that I sounded uninterested/
"The games." He said softly.
"Games?" I echoed, no longer able to feign disinterest
Art
I've been doing lots of art, but having a bit of an art identity crises. I want to do originals, but I don't really have the skills. I'm not sure that I have an art style, and I want to try out different mediums. They are all super expensive of course, so that doesn't really help. Been watching tons of art videos and questioning my existence.
I decided to try and do Miriam's Art Prompt. Got about three days in and then got super sick. Wish I had followed through.
I'm really proud of this because it's my first original drawing. I used a reference for the hand, but the rest was straight out of my head which gives me a little hope. That I can start doing oc's.
Some spoiler free Endgame art. I have quite a few more planned, but I'm waiting till I'm no longer worried about spoiling it.
I also finished beta reading one of Nicki Chapelway's story and fell in love with Ravven. This picture sadly does not do him justice.
Books
I went on a bit of a book buying binge. I got An Enchantment of Ravens, Echo North, Girl Who Drank the Moon, A Thousand Perfect Notes, and The Boy who Steals Houses.
I've only read An Enchantment of Ravens and I will be giving a book review soon. I've also been beta reading a lot so that should count towards something.
Falling Snow
I got a negative review this month that called my writing 'juvenile' and for some reason that really got to me. Must be a deep rooted insecurity or something.
Savannah Grace read my story and had a ton of sweet things to say, but I forgot to ask her if I can share them so... just trust me. She made me cry.
He was incredibly smug about it.
Writing
Writing hasn't been happening, I'm not blocked. Just being a crazy perfectionist who thinks everything she writes is awful. It's been fun. Got a couple of sentences here and there.
I did write a 500 word flash fiction piece for Melissa Gravitas contest.
I'm also thinking about writing something for the Story Embers contest, we'll see.
Also want to submit something for Havok's music themed months.
Here is a snippet of Fool's Be,t I found on my phone.
"There is something I'm worried about." He didn't make eye contact as he said it, which made his word all the more eerie.
"And what is that?' I asked, hoping that I sounded uninterested/
"The games." He said softly.
"Games?" I echoed, no longer able to feign disinterest
Art
I've been doing lots of art, but having a bit of an art identity crises. I want to do originals, but I don't really have the skills. I'm not sure that I have an art style, and I want to try out different mediums. They are all super expensive of course, so that doesn't really help. Been watching tons of art videos and questioning my existence.
I decided to try and do Miriam's Art Prompt. Got about three days in and then got super sick. Wish I had followed through.
I'm really proud of this because it's my first original drawing. I used a reference for the hand, but the rest was straight out of my head which gives me a little hope. That I can start doing oc's.
Some spoiler free Endgame art. I have quite a few more planned, but I'm waiting till I'm no longer worried about spoiling it.
I also finished beta reading one of Nicki Chapelway's story and fell in love with Ravven. This picture sadly does not do him justice.
Books
I went on a bit of a book buying binge. I got An Enchantment of Ravens, Echo North, Girl Who Drank the Moon, A Thousand Perfect Notes, and The Boy who Steals Houses.
I've only read An Enchantment of Ravens and I will be giving a book review soon. I've also been beta reading a lot so that should count towards something.
Falling Snow
I got a negative review this month that called my writing 'juvenile' and for some reason that really got to me. Must be a deep rooted insecurity or something.
Savannah Grace read my story and had a ton of sweet things to say, but I forgot to ask her if I can share them so... just trust me. She made me cry.
Sydney J Mann
Sydney has been so sweet and supportive! I can't wait to read her books.
I'm over the moon about the Gadfly comparison. He was my favorite character from An Enchantment of Ravens!
Ashley also was amazingly supportive and sweet.
She mentions Five Poisoned Apples in her wrap up video, and made me all emotional. She's the best!
This was actually a really good month, my mental health has been questionable but not bad. May is looking pretty good so far. Hope all of you are doing good too.
Sydney has been so sweet and supportive! I can't wait to read her books.
I'm over the moon about the Gadfly comparison. He was my favorite character from An Enchantment of Ravens!
Ashley also was amazingly supportive and sweet.
She mentions Five Poisoned Apples in her wrap up video, and made me all emotional. She's the best!
This was actually a really good month, my mental health has been questionable but not bad. May is looking pretty good so far. Hope all of you are doing good too.




Those Marvel drawings . . . <3333 (Just a quick question - how long does it typically take you to draw one of those? I’ve been recently getting into drawing - albeit horrible drawing - and I was just curious.)
ReplyDeleteAnd that Star Trek quote is just amazing. I love that character so much. (Although I HAVE forgotten what his name is . . . oops. XD)
Hope you have an amazing rest of May, Skye! And good luck on writing! Hopefully you can make some more progress - although writing slumps aren’t necessarily bad. :)
<333 (It's weird because a picture like that used to take me a whole day, maybe two. Now it's more like 3-6 hours depending on how many coffee breaks I take XD. I always get so excited when someone says their getting into drawing, it's so much fun. If you need any tips or tricks, feel free to ask!)
DeleteIt's one of my absolute favorites, but those ones have a lot of good ones. Me too! (It's Chekov and I had to look up how to spell it. XD)
Thank you! You too! I actually sorted out a huge plot point I was stumped on, so it's looking pretty good. That's true :D
I'm glad that April was better than the last few months! Oh, those drawings are so awesome! I seriously got chills looking at the first one. Love it! I've only seen one Star Trek movie, but it was pretty quotable! XD
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful May, Skye!!
Thanks, it was a relief. :D Omigoodness, thank you so much! The first one was my favorite, and they are extremely quotable. XD
DeleteYou too!!!
I love that free-style girl you drew! Totally get the bad reviews sad vibes ;/ Someone said one of my stories was simplistic ... and not in a good way ;p But oh well. There will always be a few that will not and can not appreciate our genius ;p haha
ReplyDeleteketurahskorner.blogspot.com
Thank you! It's always a bummer, but builds character I guess. That's awful, I really enjoy your writing.
DeleteThat's true, they just aren't on our level. ;)
Your drawings are so good! My favorite quotes usually circle around the nerdy world of Star Wars or LOTR.... XOXO
ReplyDeleteThank you! Those are amazing too! Pretty sure I can quote LOTR word for word. XD
DeleteCoffee truly is the fuel of life. Seriously now.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear you had a good month! I've been keeping you in my prayers. <3 I loved hearing about all the things you've been up to.
ENDGAME. AAAAHHHH!!!!! IT WAS SO GOOD. But I was SO mad there wasn't a post-credit scene. I mean, SERIOUSLY??? I've been sitting through all the loooong credits for a decade now and this is how they reward me? RUDE. But, ya know, the movie was a gift to my eyeballs so I guess I can't complain too much. XD
Ooooh, that snippet makes me so interested about what's going on in Fool's Bet! :O EVERYTHING YOU WRITE IS PURE MAGIC, GIRL. Tell that perfectionism to shove it, because your writing is some of my faaaave! <3333
OH MY GRACIOUS. That original piece you did is GORGEOUS. *drooools* It's got that utterly chilling creepy fairy tale style which is my FAVE. You absolutely can do oc's! IT'S BEAUTIFUL. And Marvel pieces too???? EEEEEEEEE!!!! I LOVE THEM SO VERY MUCH. You captured the emotion on their faces so, so well!
Love seeing all these glowing reviews for Falling Snow! They are well deserved!
Thank you for sharing what's been going on with you! I do hope you have a fabulous May! *hugs*
It is! Without it, I would have no reason to wake up.
DeleteI did! I appreciate that so much. <33
I KNOW!!!!! I'M STILL IN SHOCK! Me too! Anything would have sufficed. That's even worse. So true, and it gave me time to process things.
EEEP! A lot is going on, a lot of plotting and outlining which is strange for me. *flailing* THANK YOU!!!!! agdfgsjdhkjf Just knowing you like it, is enough to keep me writing. Your the best! <333
*hides face* THANK YOU! YOU MARVELOUS HUMAN. The creepy fairy style is everything. I hope so. *flails*
Thank you! I plan on doing a lot more Endgame killed me.
:D I still have a mini panic attack every time I get a new review.
THE PICTURES!!!! Especially the one of Ravven! I love it so much--he's such a great character, isn't he?! *beams with pride because Nicki's characters are my children*
ReplyDeleteCoffee is so good and I 100% agree about less depresso xD
Your reviews are so beautiful and you totally deserve them <3 And honestly, I sympathize greatly about the deep-running fears regarding that negative review. That sort of comment is one that terrifies me, so I completely understand. I hope you know that your story is BEAUTIFUL and just because one person doesn't love your writing doesn't make it bad AT ALL. *sends hugs*
I hope your May is excellent! <3
Ravven was fantastic. I adore him. I can see why, they're all so amazing!
DeleteIt is! XD
Thank you!!! <3 It's weird because most of them don't bother me, but then one like that just goes for your throat. I hope you never have to deal with that. I love your writing! I had a hard time trying to critique it. That's very true! *HUGS*
You too! <3
I don't blame you for liking coffee. <3
ReplyDeleteAlso, the art is beautiful!!! Have a good May. <33
I appreciate that. <3
DeleteThank you so much! You too!<333
"More espresso, less depresso" is my mantra. I mean, I can just hold a cup of coffee and I instantly feel better.
ReplyDeleteI loved those Endgame art pieces!! It was such a good movie, too. And that original piece is amazing!! Great job!
I hope you have a wonderful May!
Same! It just sums up my day. It's magical like that.
DeleteThank you! It was,omigoodness it ruined me. :D Ahhh! Thank you so much!
You too!
Sounds like you had a pretty good month. I LOVE your artwork [I have zero drawing talent but I CAN do other artistic things]. I love randomly quoting movies and TV shows, and seeing if anyone gets them [most of the time, they do not unless it's my mom or aunt or sister].
ReplyDeleteI did, thankfully! Thank you! Anything creative counts. :D
DeleteI do that a lot too, most of the time no one catches them.
Sounds pretty fun! Loving all the art. You know, I think that review was absolutely ridiculous. I don't mind people not like the story at all. Not everyone is going to. But when people start actually being rude about it--like offended that they didn't enjoy your book--that's ridiculous. Authors aren't here to entertain everyone. If people didn't like it, fine. Move on. They shouldn't be nasty. After reading it I told Jarod "That is so wrong! Her characters cuss! That's not juvenile!" Which is silly, but I was a little mad, ok?
ReplyDeleteIt was! I'm glad! I did think she seemed like she didn't like fantasy, so I didn't take it too hard. Exactly, everyone is allowed an opinion. It is a weird thing to do. XD True!
DeleteI agree! Omigoodness I love that!
It's hilarious, thanks for making me feel better. XD
Soooooooooooooooooo I fell off the blogwagon again for basically all of April and most of May and am now starting to catch up a little, and that's why his is a late comment, but hey. Congrats on the good reviews, and as for the bad review, well, I saw it too and that person seems to be the sort who enjoys picking on stuff just to make themselves look cool, so whatever. Punch them in the face and move on. Metaphorically, of course.
ReplyDeleteI do that all the time. I don't even have a good excuse. Thanks! Yeah, seemed like they were hyper critical, but I'm getting used to it. I got over it pretty quickly, I just like sharing the good and the bad, so that other writers can be like, oh. XD I'll do that.
DeleteYay! Coffee fixes all the things!
ReplyDeleteThe drawings are all so pretty! I like the one of Nebula!
Since Endgame came out the weekend before finals, I didn't go watch it. (Not yet anyway) And meanwhile my siblings have seen it THREE TIMES.
Juvenile? EXCUSE ME? The fools.
Just remember that even the greatest books ever written, the all time classics, have naysayers. Keep writing your gangster fae.
Hope May is even better than April!
Just remember there are people who don't like
It really does!
DeleteThank you!
Aww, that sucks. Sounds like something my siblings would do.
I try to keep that in mind, it helps. Thanks, I will.
Me too! Hope your having a good one too.
:D
I love the Russian too!!! Probably my favorite character in those Star Treks!
ReplyDeleteYOUR ART IS AMAZING!!! I especially love the one of Nebula! Spot-on.
I adore Enchantment of Ravens! How did you feel about it? And I hadn't noticed, but Gadfly and Cynfael actually are kind of similar. Boy, would it be interesting if they met!
Just because your writing isn't for everyone doesn't mean isn't good. You have an incredible talent and a very unique writing voice. Keep putting down words whenever you're able! You really are going places!
Hope you're doing well! <3
Alexa
thessalexa.blogspot.com
verbosityreviews.com
He is so sweet! Definitely the favorite and that's saying a lot because, Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and Bones are all amazing too!
DeleteAHH THANK YOU! She looked so ethereal in Endgame. :D
Me too! I love the way she wrote the fae and the world was so lush and beautiful. I wish it had been longer. It's an amazing comparison! Gadfly was such an interesting and crafty character. It would! I feel like most of the conversation would be about clothes. XD
I'll remember that! Aww, Thank you so much! I appreciate that, I will!
<333 Hope so!
I am! I hope you are too! <3
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteYes, Endgame. I saw it with a few friends and one of their mom's. We knew there wasn't an end of credits scene, but we kinda hung around any way because, you know. THE EMOTIONAL TRAUMA! We need a minute, ok? XD Seriously though, my friend's mom wants me to rewrite it for her because her favorite died. Not sure if I could pull that off, but I would def make a large handful of amendments.
Writing is so hard. I hope it gets better soon! I've been loving your art on insta! Good luck with the experimenting! It's always difficult trying new things. It's like you have to find your footing again before you can really do something awesome. I hate it when that happens when I write.
Of course, I mentioned you. :) You're awesome!
We did!
DeleteSo good and traumatizing. Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Kinda got to reflect a bit. Pretty much XD
You should! That would be awesome!
Agreed! Me too! Thank you so much! I'm having a hard time letting myself do it. Sounds about right. I guess that's how you know your improving right.
:D So are you!
Your drawings are so gorgeous and I can completely agree on loving coffee. Honestly, since my academic life got more stressful and time consuming in my last years of school, caffeine gets me through! It's been ages since I commented on your blog, it's so lovely to read the blogs I always used to connect with! I've given you a follow <3
ReplyDeleteLauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily
Thank you so much. Coffee is what fuels all of my creative projects. It definitely helps with that. I have a tough time keeping up with blogs too, so thanks for taking the time to do that. It really is!
DeleteThat's so sweet of you! <3
Chekhov is such a darling! I quote that all the time. XD Art is about experimenting! Have fun with it! I hope you’re doing well!
ReplyDeleteHe is! Glad we're not the only ones. XD
DeleteIt is! Thank you! I am.