I hope you guys have been enjoying the blog tour so far. I highly recommend stopping by Ashley's blog and reading her short story Ghost and Persie it has fantastic characters and a spooky autumn setting. It's just what you need to get you in the fall spirit.
Fall is my favorite season which you've all probably either guessed or I've mentioned. I'm a bit over the top when it comes to it. I like to squeeze out every drop of the season I can. I love the aesthetics of it, and I no longer try to be aloof about it.
I'm going to try to make this list interesting but if it's super basic and boring. *shrugs*
Corn mazes
A relatively new thing, at least for me. I went to my first scary one with my older brother, younger sister, and a few friends. It was fairytale-themed and we had a complete blast. It wasn't too crowded or cold, so we got to enjoy it.
There was a moment where a chainsaw-wielding actor jumped out at us and after the initial jumpscare, I was admiring his mask not realizing that my group had already taken off. (They had all bolted as soon as they saw him) and this was after my sister and friend had promised not to leave me. He revved the chainsaw and started chasing me, he was so close I could feel the air coming off the fake chainsaw. I ran flat out screaming and laughing right out of the maze. I also might have grabbed my brother's friend and let her pull me along.
It was too much fun. There were themed houses all throughout the maze, like a gingerbread house, goldilocks, and such. There was even Alice's tea party, which was appropriately nightmarish. We all got scared multiple times only to laugh it off a second later. I think the creepiest thing they do is have specific actors follow you quietly only to chase you later, usually herding you in the direction you need to go. Surprisingly effective.
If scary is not your thing, you can go to mazes during the day which is also a blast.
Fall scents and bath bombs
Another thing I only recently started doing. I really love stores that do seasonal scents and themed items. It's cute and I tend to have a lot more baths when it's cold. I've been especially obsessed with glittery bath bombs, smelling good is just a bonus.
Candles are another thing I love to purchase in the fall, the scents are always amazing.
Fall books
This one I know a lot of you already do. I was more selective this year and picked only four books to read, but since then I bought more and have borrowed a few. So my attempt at being selective failed.
So far I've read
The Girl Who Drank the Moon- 5 stars- gorgeous prose and story.
Something Wicked This Way Comes- 5 stars- Better than I even expected. I also swear the antagonists were fae.
The Princess & The Goblin- 4 stars not quite what I was expecting, but it inspired me.
Fall themed media
I have specific things I like to watch each year, much like Christmas. Like It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown with my younger siblings and cheesy Halloween shows with my older siblings like Hangman's Curse (based off Frank Peretti book of the same name) Monster House and Paranorman
There are also quite a few tv show episodes I like to watch.
Bad Blood- X-files, this one is so funny and even if you're not familiar with X-files I think you could enjoy it. It involves vampires but fairly cheesy ones. It's my favorite episode. It also has the best example of differing POV's, the way that both Mulder and Scully relay the same events is hilarious.
Boy Meets World- And Then There was Shawn
This one is classic. A 90's show, that I could never see airing on the family channel now.
All of Psych's Halloween specials. I think if I had to pick one it would be Tuesday the 17th
I also always tend to watch The Hounds of Baskerville- Sherlock episode.
Doctor Who- Blink and Hide
Both of these are completely different styles of episodes and in different seasons. Both so good and a bit spooky.
There are probably more but I'll stop there.
Fall photos
I haven't done this as much as I like. There's just something about the air and the changing leaves, topped with everything slowly dying. An eerie beauty if you will. Cue the most random pictures ever.
I listen to a variety of genres and a lot of what's trending sadly. Here are a few that I've been loving.
- Graveyard- Halsey
- Circles- Post Malone
- Dog Days Are Over- Florence + The Machine
- Boys Like You- Dodie
- Young- Vallis Alps
- Teeth- 5SOS
That's all from me, make sure you check into Ashley's blog for the second chapter of her story on the 24th








*has also had The Dogs Day are Over on repeat* The Autumn vibes of this post are on point!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a good song! Thank you!!!
DeleteTuesday the 17th is a great episode! Just the right amount of creepy, but still with all of the fun sides of Psych.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures were amazing! I just love seeing fall themed pictures.
It is! I agree the perfect combination.
DeleteAh, thank so much!
The Girl Who Drank the Moon is so good! Oh yeah, now I really want to rewatch The Hounds of Baskerville!
ReplyDeleteI loved it so much! You should, it's the best time!
DeleteHmm, I might have to add The Girl Who Drank the Moon, but maybe for next year considering all I've read on this year's list is two pages of Dracula . . .
ReplyDeleteI'm picky about candles, but my grandmother had a pumpkin cupcake one from Bath and Body Works (usually that store is WAY too much for me) that I liked . . . I'm just not particularly "fire-safe."
You really should, it's fantastic! I haven't managed to read through that one yet. I'm bad with classics.
DeleteI am too usually, the Bath & Body Works ones are hit and miss. Some are really good.
For the record I'm not either. XD
Looooving the fall love! That corn maze sounds AMAZING! Creepy fairy tale themed? YES. GIMME. I've never actually been in a corn maze, crazily enough, but I've definitely always wanted to do one!
ReplyDeleteThe Girl Who Drank the Moon is one I've been wanting to read for a while, and now seeing you give it 5 stars makes me want to even more. I've got to get my hands on that book! It sounds so interesting.
SOMEONE ELSE HOW WATCHES BOY MEETS WORLD. Yessss. I grew up on that show! I hear Disney+ is going to have it and I am PUMPED. I miss those characters so much. <3 That episode you mentioned was something for sure. XD I love all the TV you're watching! Doctor Who's Blink and Hide are PERFECT. And you can never go wrong with Sherlock! AND PSYCH. OF COURSE. So far I've watched Coraline, The Corpse Bride, and Beetlejuice. So definitely embracing the spoopy season as far as TV goes. It's such a great time to curl up with a creepy movie or show!
Also, your fall pictures are absolutely gorgeous! <3
Thanks Christine! It was! I wasn't sure what to expect and it surpassed even what I hoped it would be. The Red Queen was especially fantastic. You should go, even just going for a maze is fun.
DeleteAdd it to your list, it's worth it! You should, you would adore it!
I Do!!! YOU DO TOO! I wish I did, my friend got me into it a few years ago. Really that's awesome! I do too!
One of my favorites. Thanks! They are!
Never! XD
Ooo, good ones! I need to watch a few of those. Me too!
Thank you so much! <333
I love fall too! So much. xD I tend to be pretty over the top too, no worries. ;)
ReplyDeleteBoy Meets World! I'm so glad to find someone who watched it! And that episode was crazy! Now I really want to watch it. "We'll always remember he was this tall." XD
theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com
What's not to love right! XD Glad to be among friends. :D
DeleteSame! It's one of my favorites. It is! It always makes me laugh! Yess, poor Kenny! XD
Bad Blood is one of my absolute favorite episodes of the X-files--I'm definitely inspired to re-watch it now!
ReplyDeleteI've sadly seen only a few episodes of Psych since it's not streaming on any of the services we have, but I want to :(
YES CANDLES ARE THE BEST. I recently went to Bath and Body Works with my mom and got the Spiced Chestnut scent and it smells so perfectly like fall!
It's definitely one of their best episodes. You should!
DeleteAww that's too bad, it's such a funny and crazy show. It is on Amazon Prime, but there isn't that many good shows on there sadly.
RIGHT! That scent sounds amazing!
I don't like being scared and I still really, really, really, really want to go to that horror maze. IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso this is probably my favorite fall-themed post I've read so far this season. ALL THE FALL VIBES. ARE HERE. <3333
I don't really like being scared either, but your only scared for a minute and then your laughing then scared again. IT WAS!!! :D
DeleteOMIGOODNESS, THANK YOU, LILA!!!!! So glad you think so! <333
I've never been to a corn maze before, but it sounds like so much fun! Also, I'm not really into scary, but I think if I were with people (and it was fairytale themed ;) ) I could do it. XD Love that they had an Alice tea party section!
ReplyDeleteX-Files! Yes! Also, the Hound of the Baskervilles is one of my favorite Sherlock episodes. Just enough scary for me.
I might have to go listen to those songs! The only ones I can think off that makes me think of fall is Baby You're a Haunted House by Gerard Way and Far From Home (The Raven) by Sam Tinnesz.
Loved this!
You should go it's fantastic. It was! Me either really, but it was more exhilarating. Having people definitely helped.
DeleteYou could XD Me too! The Red Queen screamed at me for eating her tarts, it was amazing!
Yess, both of them can do that perfect blend of creepy but not too scary.
Hope you like them. I hadn't heard the Gerard Way song, but I love it!
Thanks!