23 May 2018

10 Ways I Procrastinate

I really tried to get a post up last week, but I was just overwhelmed in so many ways and I didn't want to whine. So I decided not to post at all. Very adult of me I know.

Most of life lately, is me pretending to do edits while doing anything else. I hope you guys can relate to that. I really don't want  to be the only one.


1. Cleaning 




This one isn't the worst, because it does need to get done. It's productive in a way and gives me the satisfaction of accomplishing something, even if that something is not what I should be focusing on.


2. Sitting on the computer.

I basically sit there, pretending to write or edit. I tell everyone that's what I'm doing, but I'm probably on Pinterest or Youtube. The benefit is the illusion that your working, and everyone believing it.



 3. Dancing

This only happens when no one is around. I blast crappy music, that I would never admit to listening to and sing and dance my heart out. It's incredibly cringe inducing.




4. Random crap.

This can be anything from staring at the roof to ripping up paper.




5.  Watching TV and claiming it's for research.

This one explains itself. I have so many shows, it's actually ridiculous.



6. Creating new characters and worlds.

This is always more fun then working on the current ones. It also gives me another reason to use Pinterest.



7. Eating

This is the most common way I procrastinate, it is a terrible habit. Don't recommend.



8. Reading or Re-reading

I like to get lost in other peoples worlds when my own is being difficult. I usually re-read my favorite stories, Howl's Moving Castle, Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom, Jackaby, The Raven Boys. To name a few.



9. Drawing or Painting

This another thing that is at least productive. I love creating things.



10. Whining and Venting

It's embarrassing to admit this, but I do a lot of this. I hope I'm not the only one. I feel like writing is 10% doing it and 90% avoiding it.


29 comments:

  1. This list made me laugh so hard! I loved it! So accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The accuracy of this post is convicting, lol. Have you been spying on me? Also, the gifs were fantastic, as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're out of peanut butter. XD
      So happy, that I'm not the only one who does this. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I relate wayyy too much to this... I'm doomed. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is soooo relatable! ESPECIALLY #1. I always call myself a productive procrastinator, because I am the worst about getting everything in the world done EXCEPT the thing I *should* be doing, because that way I can at least say I was productive, riiiight? It's so bad. XD But I am totally guilty with all the other things too. Actually, just a couple of days ago I was jotting down ideas for a new story when I absolutely should have been working on Burning Thorns edits. *shakes head*

    "I feel like writing is 10% doing it and 90% avoiding it." <--That is the most accurate sentence to be stated ever.

    I loved this post so much! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would be. Oh I like that! XD
      It's almost as if we like to trick ourselves into thinking we are in some roundabout way doing the thing we are supposed to be doing. I do that all the time, plot bunnies are so inconvenient.

      :D Thank you! It's sad how true it is.

      I'm glad! <333

      Delete
  5. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

    I procrastinate by playing solitaire on the computer, checking my email, trying not to check Instagram to see if anyone liked my last post in the two minutes since I checked it last, reading books, writing blog posts, reading blog posts, and getting lost down the black hole that is Pinterest. To name a few activities ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD

      I actually had to delete solitaire off of my computer that's how addicted I was. I am guilty of all of these. They are such easy ruts to fall in, not to mention fun.

      Delete
  6. Haha, hilarious post, Skye! Hope edits are going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! They are, making good progress!
      :)

      Delete
  7. ME ME MEEEE. I dance and clean my room and then do random things all the time. Blogger and my phone are distractions. Loved the post!

    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Glad I'm not the only one. Oh yes, Blogger is a big one and my phone. I always try to let it die.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. My dude. How is the the most relateable thing I've read all week? (Ditto the dancing the cringy music thing. When I die I need someone to destroy all evidence of my music listening history) Some of my latest forms of procrastination have been starting new and 'urgent projects' and then just ending up with a bunch of unfinished urgent projects. It's quite stressful haha. Also, I really missed your blogs and all of the quality gifs you use. You are a master in the art of gif placement. <3

    xoxo,
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy! Glad I'm not the only procrastinator! My sister has already promised to take care of it for me. XD
      Oh I do that too. It is! Thank you, I've missed your comments. You always seem to understand. *Bows* Thank you!
      <333

      Delete
  9. #relatable I clean to procrastinate SO much. And I also reread books. xD

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micaiah! At least we are doing something. XD

      Delete
  10. Haha, I'm the same! If I'm procrastinating a story, I go straight to dancing, delving into other people's stories, and generally pretending to be productive while I know for a fact I'm not doing anything. :p

    Hope edits have gotten better! :D


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing a lot of that lately, I'm supposed to be working on the sequel. Oops!

      I finished them!!! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh, awesome!! Congratulations! :D

      Delete
  11. That first gif! XD Literally my grandma. She hates clutter. She probably would throw away furniture is she could.

    I also really like that Reid gif.

    I unfortunately do a lot of pinterest as well. Like sending memes and gifs and mbti stereotype lists to my friend. :/ Or instagram. I procrastinate a lot on instagram. I've also been fantazising a lot about "what if [insert character name] were real and/or I interacted with them in their world" recently. That's not something I've really done that much of before. A little, yes, but not as much as recently.

    I really want to reread The Raven Boys. I am so thrilled now because I actually bought it recently so that I can reread it (but have I yet? nooooo). I've also been thinking about rereading Howl as well. When I want to actually procrastinate though, I tend to just flip through a book for my favorite parts instead of rereading. Usually I'll do that with Alice in Wonderland, The Princess Bride, or Pride and Prejudice. But the Hunger Games and Divergent are good candidates as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and your grandma have a lot in common. XD

      Yes, I have tons of Reid gifs.

      It's my favorite form of social media. I keep deleting Instagram on my phone to make room for other things, and then I add it back on when I remember it. Ooh sounds like fun.

      I always find myself reading snippets of it when I get the chance, they are such beautiful books. That one I always seem to be re-reading, it just makes me happy. I do that a lot too! It's fun!

      Delete