I changed my blog url.
I had good reasons and I didn't tell anyone before, because I was hoping to fix a problem I'm having. I'm not quite sure when it started, but I started getting traffic from some shifty sites. Black hat sites mostly. I freaked out a bit, before reading about spam bots and that calmed me down for a bit.
Then recently I started getting traffic from more distasteful sites, and it was consistent. I got this fear that someone has linked one of my posts on one of these sites. Which is an awful feeling. I mean this blog is about writing and art. I don't know why I was targeted at all really.
This is a big reason I decided to take a break from blogging too. Shortly after I started getting comments from questionable people. The comments weren't that weird but when I looked these people up they were definitely shady and creepy.
I didn't respond to most of them, but then they would comment under similar but different user names.
It was also weird that it happened at the same time as I was getting traffic from these sites.
So in an effort to get rid of these sites and people, I ditched my old url.
I'm telling you all this because I'm not sure if it's going to fix the issue and if not. I will probably just delete this blog. Start fresh maybe or find a different platform.
It's this kind of thing that makes me hate the internet. Here's to hoping this works.

Hopefully this helps. Darn internet creeps.
ReplyDeleteHopefully! They wreck it for the rest of us.
DeleteThat's terrible! I'm so sorry. :/
ReplyDeleteIt's really annoying, Thanks Gray!
DeleteOh no, I'm so sorry this happened! :( I've had a few dodgy sites link to me before, but never got comments. Hopefully changing the URL helps!
ReplyDeleteThanks Melissa! It's a bit alarming isn't it. Hopefully!
DeleteUgh--that's terrible! Hope changing the URL works for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It has so far.
Delete:D
Awww--bummer. I hope this fixes things. <3
ReplyDeleteThanks Faith! Me too! <3
DeleteUgh, that's so annoying! I hope that everything clears up for you. I love your corner of the blogosphere and I'd hate for you to have to delete anything.
ReplyDeleteIt is, so far it's seemed to have worked. Fingers crossed.
DeleteThanks!
Aww, I'm sorry! That's just the worst! I do hope this fixes the problem; I'd hate for you to have to delete everything.
ReplyDeleteAlexa
thessalexa.blogspot.com
verbosityreviews.com
Thanks Alexa! Me too, so far it has. Ya, that would suck.
DeletePlease don't quit blogging! I really enjoy your posts. <3
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry this is happening. I get traffic from these sites, too, but I ignore them. I hope this fixes the problem for you.
I don't think I will! Thanks Ivie <3
DeleteSo I'm not the only one that's reassuring. Me too.
I just stumbled on your blog from Micaiah's, and I am so sorry you have been having these issues :(. I had a big scam deal happen on my first blog... nothing happened with it, but it made me uncomfortable, so I created a new blog, and I know it stinks! I'm sorry! I hope this takes care of it!
ReplyDeleteRejoicing in Hope,
Bri
forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com
Oh nice! Ya, it's never fun. That's awful! It does! It has so far.
DeleteThanks for reading!
Sorry to hear that, Skye. I hope the name change helps! x
ReplyDeleteAnna // Zu Hause
Thanks Anna, me too!
DeleteMeh, I'm really sorry about that. That's disappointing and would really freak me out as well. I hope the problem goes away for you. D:
ReplyDeleteIt did suck. I think I fixed the problem. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. :D
Delete