13 Dec 2020

Christmas Tag 2020/12 Delights of Christmas

 I got tagged not once, but thrice with Christmassy tags, and considering I can be a bit like 'Buddy the elf' at Christmas so I'm super excited for them. (The third one is a book-centric tag and is going to be a separate post)


Christmas Tag 2020 Edition


Thanks to the lovely Loren for tagging me. You guys need to follow her she has a gorgeous blog and has done some Christmas DIYs.

When do your decorations go up?

My mom likes to start decorating in November, which I personally love. 


If money were no object, how and where would you spend Christmas?


Ooo, there are so many places I think would be gorgeous for Christmas, New York or England.
Renting a cozy cabin somewhere would be amazing too. 

 

What Christmas film do you have to watch every festive season?


Home Alone, Elf, Christmas with the Kranks, The Grinch, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and Die Hard.


Who do you find the hardest to buy presents for?


My parents, they always claim to not want anything. My sister and I joined forces this year and actually managed to get them some things. 

Would you rather buy lots of little presents for a hamper, or buy one big/main present?


I like doing gift baskets. They feel more personal. 


What did you leave out for Santa when you were a child?


Nothing, my parents never bothered with Santa. 

Where did you spend last Christmas?

At home cozy and happy.


Which Christmas song makes you cringe?


I think 'I saw Mommy kissing Santa.' I have just never liked it. 


If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be and why?


I fluctuate between The Grinch and Buddy.



Have you ever had a White Christmas?

Yes, pretty much every year I think, and I love it. 


Is your tree real or fake?


Real, we all love the smell of a real one. 


Choose a holiday drink: Spiced Apple Cider or Eggnog?


I've been drinking both, but probably eggnog. I even made an eggnog cake, and it was delicious.





I tag







Rules

Put on your favorite Christmas Playlist to listen to while answering!
Have a Christmas drink and/or snack while writing
Thank the blogger who tagged you and link to their site
Answer the 9 original questions
Answer the questions set by whoever tagged you
Ask 2 questions of your own
Tag 6 bloggers to take part


 
12 Delights of Christmas Tag

Thanks to Ivy for this tag. A complete sweetheart guys, make sure to follow her. 

1) A favorite Christmas tradition?

Probably making sugar cookies

2) Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside?

A bit of both when it first snowed I went out had a twirl but then went right back in.

3) Tea or hot chocolate?

Tea, peppermint tea

4) Favorite Christmas colors (i.e. white, blue, silver, red and green etc)?

A bit of all of them, but maybe red and gold.

5) Favorite kind of Christmas cookie?

Sugar cookies

6) How soon before Christmas do you decorate (more specifically, when does your tree go up)?

The tree goes up the first of December, the other decorations all through November and December.

7) Three favorite traditional Christmas carols?

Carol of the Bells
We Three Kings
Joy to the World

8) A favorite Christmas song (i.e. something you might hear on the radio)?

Peppermint Winter

9) A favorite Christmas movie?

I have a lot, I love finding ones that aren't technically "Christmas movies" but they have a tree or snow.

Bridget Jones Diary is a new favorite.

10) Have you ever gone caroling?

When I was younger

11) Ice skating, sledding, skiing, or snowboarding?

Ice skating, sledding, and snowboarding (Though once I wiped out in view of the chairlift and got a bunch of yells and whistles.) Embarrassing.


12) Favorite Christmas feast dish?

I like all of it really.


I tag anyone who wants to do it.

16 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for nominating me.
    I fluctuate between being super stressed about Christmas and being ridiculously excited for it. Sometimes both at the same time.
    Elf, Home Alone, and Die Hard are all great Christmas movies! Some of my favorites.
    Making and decorating sugar cookies is such a fun tradition. I'm a terrible baker, and too enthusiastic of a decorator, but I always have lots of fun.
    Carol of the Bells is one of my favorites, too. My dad's always like, ''But it's so weird and eerie,'' and I say, ''Yeah, that's why I like it. XD.
    I loved reading this. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime!
      Same, I just bounce between happy and stressed. XD
      Right! Their so good.
      Yess, love them. Honestly me too, being too enthusiastic just makes it better.
      The eeriness is 100% the reason I love it.
      Thanks, Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  2. Loved all the answers!
    I've always hated, well maybe not hated but definitely disliked, I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause too
    I was going to put Bridget Jones's Diary on my Christmas list too XD I didn't end up doing it though
    The eggnog cake looks amazing!
    Anyways, thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It's just bleugh, right.
      I remembered it last minute, you had a great list though.
      Thanks, it actually tasted good. XD
      No problem!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag!
    Ooh, Christmas in England would be AMAZING!
    My family never did Santa either. :)
    We Three Kings and Joy to the World are such good songs! (I'm partial to the Carol of the Bells music, but not the words.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime!
      Wouldn't it!
      I don't think we missed much. :D
      Yes! (Oh same, it's definitely the music.)

      Delete
  4. Oh, this was so much fun to read! I loved seeing all your Christmas-y preferences! I am alllll about that sugar cookie life as well! And Elf and Home Alone are two of my favorites to watch. Especially Elf. I feel like I can quote it from start to finish at this point, and yet I'm still not tired of it. XD

    Thank you so much for sharing all this and tagging me! I hope you're having a magical December! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Christmas-y preferences are the best. Yes!! The best cookie.
      So cute and fun. Me too! I just love it, and it's so much fun to quote. XD

      You're welcome, thanks for reading. You too! <333

      Delete
  5. Thanks for doing the tag! I didn't know Bridget Jones' Diary was a Christmas movie. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast! It is surprisingly, I watched it in August. XD
      You should it's hilarious!

      Delete
  6. My mom also says to not get her anything. I'm going to make her something this year . . . well I have 3 gifts to make, we'll see if any of them get down on time. My sisters made her a gift last year of a little pin board and whiteboard with a movie quote on the whiteboard and the pin board with pretty pieces of paper and other of her favorite funny movie quotes. My sister-in-law made her and my grandmother family photo calendars, so featuring photos of the people whose birthday month it was or anniversary, etc. I think parents and grandparents like those kinds of gifts best.

    I've yet to see Elf. I've been informed (very emphatically) by my siblings that I would not like it at all. I'd at least like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must just be 'mom' thing then. Oh nice! Best of luck.
      That sounds really cool, I love gifts that have a personal touch like that.
      That's such a good idea! They do.

      It's a lot of fun. Oh, well they probably know you best, I think you should at least watch it once.

      Delete
  7. I'm OBSESSED with Peppermint Winter!

    Also eggnog cake sounds amazing and I want some. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the BEST! XD

      It's so good, would 10/10 recommend.

      Delete
  8. "I fluctuate between The Grinch and Buddy" <--- The most accurate thing ever for me! XD I love both Peppermint Winter and Bah Humbug!

    ReplyDelete